Friday, October 18, 2013

Detailed East Asian Calculator Update (K=19)

For obvious reasons, my machine is now taking longer to run higher Ks. Because of this, I have enlisted the help of a friend who works at a local university which has really fast machines. I removed the 23andme participants that I do not own and used the university machine to run the higher Ks. Same purpose of breaking down and finding the E & N Asian subdivisions. Again, once I find the optimum K, I will rerun the set with the 23andme participants on my machine.

I’ll try a jump in K value. Maybe I’ll try 50 just to see.

So far, the last interesting run is K=19.

To save time (since I'm doing this on a part time basis) I will likely not detail the non- E/N Asian populations. I'll assign them as African, W Asian, S Asian, & European.

The S Asian - Indian can also be S Asian as a whole including populations in Pakistan.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great work. However, there are several unexpected/questionable points:

1. The S Asian - Kalash population seemed to have higher Fst value with W Asian - Middle Eastern - Arabic compared to N European.

2. The Fst values between E Asian and Amerindian and E Asian and European are equal.The Amerindian population, which had been proven to be derived mainly from East Asian population, seemed to be quite distant with E Asian (especially N Asian - Eskimo Aleut).

3. The most genetically diverse continent is Africa, since it is the origin of all populations. Thus, I believe the distance between Bantu and Khoisan should be much greater.

Thanks.